ORDER YOUR COOKBOOKS, MERCH, & SUSHI MASTERCLASS HERE:
LEARN HOW TO MAKE A FRAGRANT TOASTED SESAME TOSSED NOODLES RECIPE TODAY!
LAY HO MA (how’s it going in Cantonese)! This simple yet delightful noodle dish is sure to become a weekly favourite. Join me in this episode and learn how to make a quick toasted sesame tossed noodles recipe right at home!
small piece ginger
2 sticks green onions
1 tbsp white sesame seeds
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
1 tbsp black rice vinegar
2+1 tbsp chili oil (https://youtu.be/IkBWsfsEVkM)
100g knife pare noodles
60g shimeji mushrooms
3 baby bok choy
1. Bring a pot of water to boil for the noodles
2. Finely chop the ginger and green onions
3. Heat up a frying pan to medium heat. Add the white sesame seeds and toast for 30-40 seconds
4. Coarsely crush the toasted sesame seeds in a pestle and mortar
5. Make the sauce by stirring together the ginger, green onions, sesame seeds, soy sauce, toasted sesame oil, black rice vinegar, and chili oil
6. Boil the noodles to package instructions. Roughly chop the baby bok choy
7. Loosen the noodles with chop sticks. Then, about a minute before the noodles are done add the shimeji mushrooms and baby bok choy
8. Submerge the veggies and bring to a boil. Then, strain out the noodles and veggies and transfer to a large mixing bowl
9. Pour in the sauce and mix with the noodles. Plate the noodles and spoon over some more chili oil to serve
If you enjoyed this episode and would love to see more, remember to like, comment, and subscribe so that you won’t miss a single episode!
Hong Kong born Canadian, Wil Yeung is an international photographer, filmmaker, entrepreneur, violinist, and YouTube chef. He immigrated to Canada when he was a young boy carrying with him his ability to speak Cantonese and some broken English. Much of his culinary aspirations stem from his background in the visual and musical art spaces. Whether you’re plant based or plant based curious, Wil believes that learning how to make food can really change your life and of those around you.
STAY IN THE LOOP ON SOCIAL MEDIA!
Wil’s Recipes on Instagram: @yeungmancooking
Wil’s Recipes on Facebook: fb.me/yeungmancooking.com
Wil’s Photography + Video on Instagram: @wyphotography.com
Wil’s Photography + Video on Facebook: wyphotography
You are watching: