EXPLORE MORE ABOUT SHOPIFY HERE: https://www.shopify.com/yeungcreator
ORDER YOUR COOKBOOKS, EBOOKS, MERCH, & SUSHI MASTERCLASS HERE:
LEARN HOW TO MAKE AN EASY VEGAN / VEGETARIAN RAMEN RECIPE TONIGHT!
LAY HO MA (how’s it going in Cantonese)! Whether it’s cold or hot out there, it’s always a great time with a bowl of delicious ramen. Join me in this episode and learn how to make a tasty, creamy, spicy, vegan ramen recipe to make in the comfort of your very own home. Let’s begin!
3 cups vegetable stock (https://youtu.be/4bAv9u-thd0)
5g kombu (https://youtu.be/Sb6jTw38tqo)
1/4 cup cashews + 2 cups water
3 baby bok choy
75g shiitake mushrooms
1 tsp avocado oil
pinch of salt
pepper to taste
100g medium firm tofu
1/2 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp + 1/4 tsp toasted sesame oil
1 tsp + 1 1/2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp dark soy sauce
1 1/2 tbsp chili oil (https://youtu.be/IkBWsfsEVkM)
1 tbsp white sesame paste
chili threads to serve
black sesame seeds to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 375F and bring a pot of water to boil for the noodles
2. In another pot, bring to a boil the vegetable stock and kombu
3. Make the cashew milk by blending the cashews and 2 cups water in a high powered blender until liquefied
4. When the vegetable stock comes to a boil, turn the heat off and remove the kombu
5. Chop the baby bok choy in half and slice the shiitake mushrooms. Toss them in a mixing bowl with a pinch of salt, pepper, and avocado oil
6. Spread the veggies onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
7. Pat dry the tofu and slice into bite sized cubes. Toss in a mixing bowl along with the cumin, splash of toasted sesame oil, 1 tsp soy sauce, and the dark soy sauce. Then, spread onto the baking tray with the veggies and bake in the oven for 15min
8. Pour in about 1/2 cup of cashew milk into the vegetable stock while whisking
9. In the ramen bowl, whisk together 1 1/2 tbsp soy sauce, splash of toasted sesame oil, 1/2 tbsp chili oil, and the white sesame paste
10. A few minutes before the veggies are roasted, heat up the broth while whisking occasionally. Boil the ramen noodles to package instructions (in this case, about 3-4min)
11. Pour the hot broth into the ramen bowl and give it another whisk. Strain out the noodles and add to the bowl. Assemble the bowl as you like with the roasted veggies. Then, garnish with chili threads, black sesame seeds, and a drizzle of chili oil
If you enjoyed this episode and would love to see more, remember to like, comment, and subscribe so that you won’t miss a single episode!
Hong Kong born Canadian, Wil Yeung is an international photographer, filmmaker, entrepreneur, violinist, and YouTube chef. He immigrated to Canada when he was a young boy carrying with him his ability to speak Cantonese and some broken English. Much of his culinary aspirations stem from his background in the visual and musical art spaces. Whether you’re plant based or plant based curious, Wil believes that learning how to make food can really change your life and of those around you.
STAY IN THE LOOP ON SOCIAL MEDIA!
Wil’s Recipes on Instagram: @yeungmancooking
Wil’s Recipes on Facebook: fb.me/yeungmancooking.com
Wil’s Photography + Video on Instagram: @wyphotography.com
Wil’s Photography + Video on Facebook: wyphotography
You are watching: